The Legacy Fund provides critically needed access to capital for small businesses in Prince George’s County. It provides relief from the impact of COVID-19 to help minimize business vulnerability to closure and bridge the gap to viability.
LEGACY FUND FOR SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
The Legacy Fund, was established with a $1 million grant from the Greater Washington Community Foundation, it provides critically needed access to capital for small businesses in Prince George’s County. The fund is part of The Community Foundation in Prince George’s County’s equity and economic mobility initiative. The overall goal of the initiative is to eliminate social and economic disparities and help individuals, families, and collective groups improve their social and economic status. The Legacy Fund will provide relief from the impact of COVID-19 to help minimize business vulnerability to closure and bridge the gap to viability.
- Application Period: August 3, 2020 – August 28, 2020
- Grants: Up to $10,000
- Use of Funds: Funds can be used to support operating expenses including payroll, suppliers, rent, and other business critical costs.
- Principal business office or location must be physically located in Prince George’s County.
- New business ventures are not eligible.
- No fee to apply
- Additionally, companies approved for funding will be eligible to apply for the Emerge Stronger technical assistance program to help them better navigate new business and economic realities and ensure their long-term development.
VIEW THE INFORMATIONAL WEBINAR
Shelly M. Gross Wade, President & CEO of FSC First held an informational webinar about the Legacy Fund for Small Business Development. The webinar took place on Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 10AM EST.
Discussion Topics Included:
- The grant application process
- Eligibility and Requirements
- Application evaluation process