Thompson Creek Window Company and Affiliates (TCWC) is one of the premier home improvement businesses in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area. The parent company was founded in 1980 in Annapolis, MD. Due to a revitalization project that claimed the building, which housed its original manufacturing facility, the company relocated to a 20,000 sq. ft. facility on Thompson Creek Road in 1997. They quickly outgrew this space and relocated to a new 65,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility in Landover, MD in 2007 along with a new corporate headquarters building in nearby Lanham, MD.
TCWC is headquartered at 5000 Philadelphia Way, Lanham, MD with additional offices at 1775 Brightseat Road, Landover, MD (now 80,000 sq. ft. for manufacturing). In partnership with the Maryland Department of Commerce, the EDI Fund, administered by FSC First, has provided $250,000 toward this $31 million expansion project with a new 125,000 sq. ft. facility for manufacturing, warehouse and office at 8210 Penn Randall Place, Upper Marlboro, MD leveraging $30.7 million in public and private investment. The company will retain its current staff of 330 and grow by an additional 150 new jobs by the end of 2021.