May is National Small Business Month and is our chance to celebrate the resiliency and tenacity of America’s small business owners who create opportunities from their innovative ideas and make important contributions to our growing economy.
At FSC First, we know small businesses are the lifeblood of communities. Small businesses create jobs and recycle a larger share of their revenue back into the local economy to benefit the whole community. Neighborhoods retain more of their unique character when small businesses flourish. Local business ownership means that important decisions are made by those who live in the community and who will be impacted by those decisions. Small businesses and entrepreneurs encourage product diversity, creating customized solutions that meet the needs of their customers and their community.
At FSC First, we take pride in our mission to provide creative and innovative business financing solutions to established and emerging businesses in the State of Maryland. Our financial experts work directly with small businesses, individuals, and organizations to help them understand the best path for their investments, utilizing a distinct approach for allocating non-traditional financing. We work with many industries, including technology, manufacturing, and professional services. No matter where you are on your small business journey, we will treat you like a VIP.
FSC First has much to offer small businesses looking for assistance as a premier financial lender. Here’s a sample of our programs:
- Level Up works with small and minority-owned businesses to provide access to capital, training, technical assistance, and mentorship to elevate opportunity and accelerate post-pandemic recovery.
- The Small Business Flex Fund uses proceeds from video lottery terminals to assist small, minority, and women-owned businesses located in targeted areas surrounding six Maryland casinos.
- The Green Energy Loan Program was created to advance public and private investment in clean energy and other innovative green technologies in Prince George’s County. This program provides financing for building energy efficiency improvements, energy conservation, and renewable energy measures.
Explore all our program offerings here!
Many Maryland small businesses have already reaped the rewards of working with FSC First to achieve significant goals. Here are a few:
- BlueHenry LLC is a 100% minority-owned, women-run manufacturer of quality all-natural beverage garnishes for craft cocktails in Prince George’s County. FSC First helped BlueHenry reach a business milestone by funding $115M for necessary equipment and machinery purchases, leasehold improvements, and providing working capital.
- 21st Century Expo Group (21st CEG) is a family-run business specializing in exhibit management, display sales, and marketing assistance for some of the largest businesses in the world. Established in 1991 in Prince George’s County, it is the oldest African-American owned and operated General Service Contractor in the US in its industry. 21st CEG is a three-time borrower with FSC First, which has helped them advance their business growth through such projects as securing a new warehouse to store more equipment and provide greater working space for their growing team.
- The Women’s Wellness Center was created to establish a new avenue of healthcare delivery in the Clinton area devoted to women’s health and overall wellness. FSC First provided the financial assistance for the Women’s Wellness Center for the purchase, renovation, equipment, and working capital for this $770,000 project through our Small Business Growth Fund Loan Program, the Economic Development Loan Fund, and the Economic Development Incentive (EDI) Fund.
FSC First is here for small businesses! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how we can help your small business thrive.